September 03, 2009

Bat For Lashes vs. Margiela SS/09

This past Monday I had the good luck to get invited to see Bat For Lashes live at the Henry Fonda Theater here in Los Angeles. The show was stellar and her outfit was INSPIRATIONAL to say the least.

I think there are definite reference to the Margiela SS/09 "Hair" Collection. I know many critics thought it was controversial (hair on hair on jackets) but I LOVED it. Mostly because I enjoy seeing the use of unconventional materials in fashion AND I love the genius that is Margiela.... Check out Natasha vs. Margiela below:

Bat for Lashes (Natasha Kahn) in her signature outfit for the 2009 tour, a leotard with "hairy fringe sleeves"...

Bat For Lashes

Kate Moss on the Cover of V Magazine wearing Margiela SS2009

One of the dramatic jackets at the Margiela SS2009 runway show

And I thought I was adventurous in my outfit! I had on a vintage palm print jumpsuit that I have been dying to wear all summer, and some strappy gladiator wedges. Of course accessorized with the best concert jewelry of them all - all access wristbands for the afterparty!




No comments:

Post a Comment